Monday, April 19, 2010

"Don't Get Too Bored..."

This morning Caleb headed out to the field... for a week. Before I mention anything else, right after he kissed me/said "I love you" he added: "now, don't get too bored..." Anytime that Caleb leaves I start to get bored... before I add anymore, I would like to add that Yes, I do hang out with my friends down here, go on walks, run, workout, cook, clean, etc... but what do I do when all of that is done? Well... I could A. watch tv B. drive around KY finding things to do or C. do something... like drastic (sometimes it takes a little "oomph" to have a husband notice things!) jk... Caleb notices things... even without my "hints/nudges"... but going back to the things that I COULD do while he's away... A. I don't like "vegging" in front of the tv... and have told Caleb that when he's gone the tv is gone... I'm still keeping netflix though! ;) so "A" is out of the question... which leads to B... ummm hello... KY drivers are CRAZY... case in point: I get HIT by a nun.. yes, a nun... she "ran" a RED light... yes, RED. My not even/barely month old car was totaled... if KY drivers aren't crazy in their cars driving, they're crazy driving their LAWNMOWERS or HORSES.. yes, HORSES... NO JOKE, I have seen people drive their lawnmowers (yes, my dad did this... and still does... but in our NEIGHBORHOOD... KY drivers take it up one notch and DRIVE... on the ROAD/HIGHWAYS...) oh, and I did say that they drive/ride "horses"... we saw a guy riding one in Elizabethtown... like Western-style riding it... by the Kohls/mall... WHAT IN THE WORLD. I have however thought about this... the worst possible-case scenario of a car accident for me (besides getting hit by a nun/MY pepper-spray going off IN MY FACE- yes, that happened...) would be to get in an accident with a HORSE... I would probably have a panic attack due to the horse! So no... I will not go driving around KY looking for things to do... so... by process of elimination (I did a LOT of studying for the GRE and am pretty good at "process of elimination") that leaves me with C. One time Caleb came home to my hair dyed... almost black... then one time red-ish... (I'm thinking blonde next time- just to get all the colors in there)... the last time he came home to my "new-do"... BANGS! Yes, he noticed this... RIGHT AWAY... probably the BEAM of my smile/face more so than the actual cut... I was so proud of myself- I have never had bangs and had NO IDEA what I was doing... not too bad... he liked them. I also do a lot of decorating while he's gone... and went SHOPPING (which I loathe) for decoration stuff/curtains/etc... he's only been gone ALMOST a full day and I've already started pounding nails into the walls... cutting/hanging... agh... I will post pics soon... but this definitely beats the news/tv/driving ANY DAY.

2 comments:

  1. You should check out this blog: http://charishumin.blogspot.com/ Her husband is on deployment right now, so apparently he comes home to a completely new house or something. She's currently on her 65th project while her husband's on his current deployment. Amazing. ;)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check that blog out.. thanks! It doesn't fail though... you leave a completely independent woman... and they go... NUTS! My friend (Mekala) has redone their entire: bathroom, kitchen, living room, dining room, office, EVEN basement! (He's currently deployed...) AND a few weeks ago MADE her own "Doggie door"... I need more ideas.. I'm heading to this woman's blog right now! :)

    ReplyDelete