Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first

The other day I had gotten out of work and all while driving I kept thinking about how I was going to get home and have a mess waiting for me (Daisy was crated)... so, I was speeding a bit (I can't lie)... but before I say anything more, I have NEVER been pulled over (while driving that is!)- Lord knows how many times I have been in the car while Caleb was driving (for various reasons but somehow ALWAYS gets a ticket- entering the turn lane too soon?-sure, that's a ticket...WHAT?!)-maybe that's why he was so intent on getting a military license plate in hopes that he wouldn't get pulled over or a ticket?! Anyways... I was driving home and OUT OF NO WHERE a cop pulls me over... in a RED MUSTANG!! I was JUST telling my mom how I have seen people pulled over in various cars- mustangs/convertibles/jeeps/etc... anyways... I have never been pulled over so have always wondered how I would react to getting pulled over- I always said I would try to pull the "I needed my inhaler" (as I probably would due to being so upset about getting pulled over!) but when it came time for me I couldn't even think straight... I was seriously shaking when the cop asked me if I knew why I was getting pulled over... I said "probably because I was speeding"... he nodded and said that they had JUST changed the speed limit in the area earlier that week... he needed my license and registration... I replied with "this is my FIRST time that I've been pulled over and this is my HUSBAND'S car... and with my trembling hands gave him the WHOLE book in the glove compartment- "I'm not exactly sure what all you need" (I do- I know what the insurance papers look like, but give me a break, I was FREAKING OUT)... he laughed and commented on how he knew already because I was shaking... he came back within 5 minutes with a yellow piece of paper- my heart sank... "mam, you were speeding, and need to slow down... I could have written you a ticket for that AND you ALMOST cut me off so that COULD HAVE been another ticket... AND I didn't see you use your turn signal so that would have been ANOTHER ticket, but here's a piece of paper/warning to remind you to slow down..." FIRST of all, I did NOT cut him off... and I DID use my turn signal and look- I saw a red mustang behind me... anyways... I was quite relieved that I got off with a "warning"... but felt bad for the person that he pulled over RIGHT after me... I hadn't even gotten back in the lane and he already had his lights on! (I'm not going to lie- I wasn't able to think properly as I was so upset, so I was wondering if I was getting pulled over again- I was like "seriously, I haven't even moved- NOW WHAT?!")... so, I now have a yellow ticket in my car (like some people have pictures of their loved ones) to remind myself to slow down... and watch out for red mustangs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment