Thursday, April 28, 2011

No- he won't be here for that...

You all know by now that we're expecting a little girl (Mackenzie Elizabeth)- due June 19. Before I go about my rant, let me tell you that Caleb is unable to come home for the birth... we are OK with this... seriously. When I tell people that no, Caleb won't be here in the delivery room they freak out and start apologizing- for what exactly I have no idea... do not pity us that he's not going to be right next to me- again, we are FINE with it... it honestly bugs the crud out of me that people get so upset that he's not going to be riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight there... we really don't have much of a choice folks. So he's going to miss the birth- it's not like he's going to miss much else... my husband is going to be the most devout father I know, and will do anything and everything to witness everything he can. I don't know what people want me to say when they start apologizing- some have even cried... seriously, get over it. Again, we are not in control of the situation, and are again, FINE WITH IT. If we're completely ok with the situation we're in then why should anyone else care? Don't feel bad for us- just thank my husband for doing everything he is over there to keep us safe... you think we have it bad? Talk to the wife who found out she has a serious illness- do you think her husband can just come home? NOPE. What about the young wife who was expecting their first child, and miscarried after her husband left? Again, no. Well, what about weddings, birthdays, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and every other holiday? No. Sorry to tell you guys, but they don't get to just "come home" for those things... they miss a year filled with that stuff... and of course they want to be here, but it's not an option for them... so if we're all trying to deal with it how about everyone else just stop questioning everything else and not have pity on us... we can't do a thing about it.

1 comment:

  1. The Military life is very difficult for some people to understand. And although they really want to say something thoughtful or sympathetic it often just makes you mad because they say the exact things that you don't want to hear. Just remember that what people say doesn't matter. You and Caleb will be absolutely the best parents ever. Brennan and I send our love ;)

    ReplyDelete