Monday, May 16, 2011

I'm not questioning God... just curious...

I am trying to look at things positively, I really am, but I just can't help but think about why things happen to such wonderful people. I know God is in complete control and has a plan for everyone and EVERYTHING happens for a reason... but really? Sometimes I just get so frustrated and my heart breaks for so many people who have things happen to them... I just don't understand. I'm not blaming God or questioning him by ANY means, but just kind of curious... and have been praying the past few days that I have a change of heart about things...

I don't understand why so many of my closest friends have tried for years to have a baby, and have either miscarried several times, or just aren't able to... while so many other people could care less, take having babies for granted, or put up their own roadblocks and complain all the way about "why them"... my heart breaks for so many of my friends who are going through this as I know what they're going through... 

I don't understand why there are so many soldiers who are risking everything they have to serve and protect us... while there are so many people who sit home with their lives completely untouched and complain about the many freedoms/rights that they have- and yet they abuse their rights, or criticize those who are fighting everyday for them... without wanting or needing a "thanks"...

I don't understand why some people work several jobs and many long hours a week, to provide for their families- doing the best that they can and yet it's just "not good enough" at times... and yet those same people that go out of their way to help others, get nothing in return...

I don't understand how some people complain about simple things and get their way, while others don't complain at all, and just try to take things in stride get the shaft.

I don't understand how the divorce rate can be so high, and how so many people can complain about their relationships with their spouse, while my husband and I (as well as many other military marriages) are doing all that we can just to savor every moment, letter, call, or word spoken to and are more in love than ever...

I don't understand how the people who I admire, respect, and love the most get hurt over and over again... my heart breaks for those people who just "take it day by day" and truly appreciate everything they have been given, and truly look for the good in every situation, while there are others who just seem to have life so easy... I know, I have NOT walked in the shoes of anyone but myself, but really, it just breaks my heart that so many people I know are hurting, but not complaining, yet I have others who are happy to rub their happiness in the faces of those same people hurting... aghhhh enough for my vent.

1 comment: