Thursday, July 14, 2011

Kenzie

Whoa- WHERE HAS THE TIME GONE!? Praise the LORD... seriously. This deployment NEEDS to get going! Kenzie arrived a month (and a day) ago... she's been such a blessing, and has helped make this year go a bit faster- that, or maybe I just don't even know if it's day/night or WHAT day it really is... phew, this mama needs some serious sleep! I hear I'll get "sleep" in like 18 years... but, I'm 24 and I know MY mom STILL stays up and worries about me if I'm out, traveling, etc... sooo, cool, it was nice knowing you "sleep"!... jk... I love EVERY minute with her- even those 3am feedings where my eyes are about to pop out of my head as I'm looking at the clock to make sure I didn't JUST put her back to sleep... I swear, there's been PLENTY of times where I hear her cry and I'm like "no way... I JUST put you to sleep..." (checks the clock) "no way... it IS time for you to eat"... yup, even THOSE moments I just love, love, love.

I absolutely adore Kenzie- I can't help but catch myself starting at her for 45minutes (and Caleb wonders WHAT we "do" during the day... hmmm, does "staring at our baby for hours on end" count as SOMETHING?) I just love it though... and love every single part of her, but that could also be because she's a mini-me of Caleb... yeah, no joke. Her eyes haven't changed, and we're still waiting on her hair color to "decide" what it's going to be... but besides that, she has his nose, his eyes, ears, face, etc... she has my lips and that's about it... I guess she also has a bit of my "stubborn-ness"- but I'm pretty proud of the fact that I'm still MORE stubborn than she is, which helps in those times of her apparently STARVING (even though she JUST ate) but yet spits her formula out and "giggles"... *insert bottle BACK into the mouth* "girlfriend, I know you're hungry- it's 3:30am and you NEED to eat this"... *spits out more formula and "giggles"... "oh no... I KNOW you're hungry- I know it's not AS WARM as you'd like, but seriously..." *after about 5-10minutes of this, ding ding ding- MAMA WINS! as Kenzie finishes the entire bottle*. She also apparently has allergy issues-- just like me... whooo, yeah, she has the BEST qualities of me... psh. How come I carried her and was sick almost every day and she looks JUST LIKE Caleb?! jk... REALLY, I LOVE every part of her... especially those times when I'm REALLY missing my better half (her "twin") and all I have to do is look at her, see her daddy, and then realize just how blessed we are... aghhhhhhhhhhh... love, love, love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment