Saturday, May 15, 2010

Another one bites the dust...

Technology... I have a love/hate relationship with it... I guess you could say I'm like my mom- you ask her what her "dream" car would be and she would say "just give me the basics"- when you add in all the "extras" something is bound to happen... this being said by my mom who had a car that one day FREAKED out- literally- horns going off, windows/locks going up and down, etc... all while my mom was driving...

This is my view of technology: it's great, but then again... I just want the "basics"... when you throw in all the "extras" something is either: a. bound to happen/need to be fixed= there goes my paycheck... or b. I can't figure out how to use it... even after reading the "manual" (umm, hello, since when did "manual"= dictionary?- the size of some of these "manuals" are RIDICULOUS). I have a love/hate relationship with: our special "car keys"- Caleb drives a foreign car (hello EXPENSIVE parts!) and I drive a Nissan (maxima/altima?- still, not sure...) that you don't even NEED a key to start it! but it also means that it's again, expensive... hence the fact that we only have one set of keys per car... and when I locked my keys in my car (on post I might add, which resulted in an even larger sum of money blown away due to the fact that someone had to come ON post) it was a problem. My camera- LOVE it... love pictures, scrapbooking, memories, etc... who doesn't like a camera? BUT, the other day I looked at it and it's broken on the bottom, so I look really cool trying to take a picture while holding my batteries in... whatever happened to the good ole disposable ones? My laptop- my aunt got it for me (thanks Aunt Jean!) and it has been with my throughout college- talk about getting good use out of it! Well- it's slowing... way... down... and any day now it's going to die... (I should probably back-up my stuff as I speak!)... my phone- who's phone DOESN'T have problems?... my zune... it was a sad (extremely!) sad day when it bit the dust the other day... I knew it was coming- I've had it for a few years and listen to it faithfully-everyday... that's a lot of wear and tear on it... I wasn't necessarily sad that it died, but my lifes-worth of songs is on it, and I can't even turn it on to figure out what songs I need... ok, so I'll stop my rambling/complaints and let you know that... MY HUSBAND IS SUPER COOL... he passed his Air Assault test (YEAH CALEB!) and had the rest of the day off, so what does he do? (besides get tick stuff for Daisy, vaccuum/clean, golf...) he sends me a text saying that I have a "surprise" waiting for me at home... YEAH! A SURPRISE?!?! SWEET! I texted him back saying: "so, I guess we're watching Fern Gully tonight?!?" (I have been DYING to see the movie Fern Gully for awhile now and was assuming that he FOUND the movie and bought it)... but to my surprise, he "lol'd" back and said "nope". WHAT? GOSH... HMM... I raked my mind... but couldn't think of anything... so.. I got home and he said "here's a case for you"- I replied with "oh, thanks, but that's not the case for my zune- it a. broke (remember?) and b. doesn't fit MY zune.. it fits.. a.. ipod touch... then out of NO WHERE he pulls out... an IPOD TOUCH! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??!?!?!? Yes... this is my husband... this ipod is the CRAZIEST piece of technology ever... BUT it's soo simple... PTL it's Saturday so I have ALL day to "dink around" on it while Caleb's gone... YES! Not only did he show me how to use it... BUT he stayed up and added songs to it- he is AMAZING. (I'm thinking one of his friends has asked him to go to Las Vegas so he's "buttering me up")- jk... kind of ;) No, but he bought me it b/c I have yet to use my "tax refund" b/c I can't stand buying something for myself... literally... it's awful. I NEED to get my haircut and still ASK Caleb if it's ok... he laughs and says "of course" but it STRAINS me to hand over my card when I'm at the salon... I definitely have ideas of what I want to spend my money on but can't break down and just BUY IT... so, my husband (who knows this) goes and does it for me... yes, he is... MY FAVORITE PERSON... EVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment