Saturday, May 15, 2010

You can try...

So... I really do believe that you can try as hard as you want/can, but sometimes you just can't do anything more... I WANT to save money (talk about being frugal/saving- I'm ALWAYS "upping" the amount we put in savings) so have found ways to save... or cut back... I've realized that a lot of our money goes towards groceries- we don't eat much of the same foods, and I bake/cook for a lot of people... so... our money goes to groceries... So, I started buying whole chickens instead of frozen chicken breasts- it's actually quite a bit cheaper this way for the amount, but ONLY if you eat both types of meat... and Caleb and I are probably the PICKIEST meat eaters (besides my brother and I- bless my mom as she slaved over cutting every OUNCE... I MEAN EVERY ounce of fat/skin/"white stuff")- we ONLY eat white meat... so last night when I baked an entire bird I realized that it probably is "cheaper" in the long-run to buy frozen chicken breasts as our bird must have liked to tan or lay out because HALF of the bird was dark meat! Agh... I tried. Remember I said that we were resorting to cloth napkins? Yeah... since then I have used it... once... I just can't remember- until I throw the napkin away.. agh. I would also LOVE to hang-dry our clothes outside but can't... seriously. I have tried a and LOVE it... until the clothes/sheets/comforters come inside... and I am WHEEZING due to the pollen/allergens or freaking out about a bug that could have gotten in it... yes, we try... but have a bit of room to "Grow"... either way, we should get an "A" for Effort! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I would like to add that I know that chickens don't get "dark meat" from "tanning"... please don't think I'm a Jessica Simpson when it comes to "chicken of the sea- is it really chicken?" or "buffalo wings- do buffalos really have wings?"... PLEASE. I KNOW. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hang my clothes on a dryer rack in the basement. I put the sheets over two racks...no probles with pollen in the basement ! BLynn

    ReplyDelete