Saturday, May 8, 2010

A few firsts...

So... you know how I said I have NEVER gotten a tick on me? Yeah... scratch that. The other morning I was downstairs doing laundry and felt something on my leg... I look down and to my horror it's a TICK!!! OH.MY.GOSH. My heart stopped... then almost came out of my mouth... ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! It was the littlest thing EVER... I didn't know ticks could get that small... which made me even more terrified than I was before... I think I would have rather had a HUGE one on me! What a way to start my day off... yikes, the rest of the day I kept thinking that a tick was on me... Caleb came home that night and I apologized for all of the times that I've made fun of him when he's literally FREAKING OUT about ticks... I'm so over these ticks...

Another first for me... I had my first energy drink! For those of you who know me (or don't I guess)- I don't drink- whatsoever... I drink water, occasionally a pop (yes, I said POP for all you crazy KY people- this enough North to call it pop...), and tea... which has caffeine in it, but I only drink the caffeinated kind in the morning... ANYWAYS... I don't drink- I don't even think you could say that I drank on my 21st... I handed out the drinks/shots that were given to me- cmon now, I'm generous person... so, I have never felt the effect of alcohol in my system... Caleb (and just about any other military person I know) drinks energy drinks- A LOT. He's ALWAYS wanted to see me drink one, but I've been too chicken as I never knew what would happen (I can't handle a lot of sugar)... so... the other morning I woke up and could NOT GET OFF THE "STRUGGLE BUS"... I tried- believe me, I desperately tried getting off that bus, but it seemed like the more I tried, the more the bus door kept slamming shut- in my face... on my "drive" (if you can call it a commute- the 2 minutes it takes to get there) to school I had to get gas so I stopped at the gas station... that's when I decided to just go for it... I'm not going to lie, I've always been curious as to what an energy drink would do to me... let me tell you, I am ONLY going to have one ONE MORE time.. and that's because Caleb didn't see me/wasn't with me to witness my actions... it was awful to say the least... I could hardly talk- my words were all slurred... oh goodness... the first... and ALMOST last time... I'll let you know what happens when I drink my next energy drink for Caleb... but give me a little time- I have to re-coup from the last one this week!

On a more sad-ish note... it was the first year that I haven't been home for my dad's birthday... and he turned the big 5-0!! I definitely had a hard time... but called him several days (not sure how much work he got done that day b/c of me)- but I tried my best to make his day- for my 21st he had a company put on their sign: "Happy 21st Birthday Sarah"... it was... AWESOME. I tried to do it to him, by 1. calling the same place he did it for me- but they changed signs- they went all high tech and have to PROGRAM it... 2. I called Sweetwater's doughnut (thought he may stop there... or at least drive by it)- but had to talk to the DISTRICT manager... who was on vacation... until this next week... agh. So... I did the next best thing (after scheming with my mom- I did tell you that SHE taught me how to short-sheet a bed right?!) and called some of his "h.s. buddies" to "decorate" the house while my mom and brother took him out to dinner- (I KNEW that these boys were always doing something/up to something... growing up... and haven't really grown out of it... **note: I am in NO WAY making fun of his buddies- I hope to never become so much of a grown-up that I lose sight of my child-like sense of humor/pranks**)I called his friends to make sure that they had remembered, in which they did- they were WAITING for this "moment"... then shortly after, I get a call from my dad... YES... MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment