Thursday, November 10, 2011

Caleb's "bachelor" life

In the military, it's common knowledge that you will spend a good amount of your life NOT with your spouse/significant other... yep. Our first year of marriage was spent states apart... I was living in Michigan, while he was in Oklahoma, and then Kentucky. Even though it was sad to be away from my best friend, we:
1. Never fought over the remote control and...
2. Had a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc honeymoon everytime we were together and spent the weekend with one another.

On my first visit to Kentucky, after seeing Caleb's "new digs", I was shocked at his "lifestyle"... he was LIVING in a HOTEL!! I had heard stories of soldiers living in barracks... not a hotel! Did I mention that this hotel had a continental breakfast, pool, workout room, AND roomservice (that included daily cleaning?!) WHAT?! How was it that I was living in a dark and dreary apartment with a cat, while he was living it up in a hotel?! NOT COOL.

My first morning, I was woken up to an alarm at 5:30am.. he was headed to PT, then came back for breakfast. After breakfast, he was off to work for a bit, so I was to enjoy movies and just relaxing in the hotel... about 9am, a knock on the door distracted me from some Maury-type drama talkshow... what the heck man... then, a cleaning lady walked in and said she had to clean the sheets AND dishes (I failed to mention his room had a kitchen)... I nicely told her that while she could give us new sheets, she was NOT ALLOWED TO TOUCH the pile of dishes in the sink... "he's married, and I can NOT have him getting used to coming home to washed dishes... thanks though". After she gave me a worried look and exclaimed that it was her JOB to wash the dishes, she realized that I wasn't budging on my request... for the remainder of the week I was there, she kindly gave me sheets and new towels... not sure if this lasted after I left, but I can assure you that Caleb DOES do his own dishes AND mine as well... or at least uses the dishwasher :)

No comments:

Post a Comment