Sunday, July 18, 2010

It's good to be home

Wow does time fly! Tomorrow is our second anniversary! It doesn't seem like that long at all (but we haven't lived together the whole time with Caleb being gone for training/schools... Caleb has been wanting to stay at a hotel for a while now, so I said we could for our anniversary- we drove to Louisvill yesterday-got lost a few times as we missed our exit(s)- the roads are NOAT marked well at all... by the time we made it to our hotel (which had a horribly designed parking garage!) Caleb had had enough so we walked around for a bit, ate out (we never eat out so it was nice to!), and stayed for a (free!) concert- Blues Traveler played and Caleb has loved this band for a long time so that was awesome! We stayed for a few songs (my early bedtime was starting to kick in!) and walked down the block to our hotel- there was a thunderstorm with some cool lightening so we stayed outside for a bit... Caleb watched a baseball game on tv while I tried to sleep... it kept thundering and all we could think about was Daisy at our house- we realized that the king sized bed was way too big for us- we really missed her sleeping with us... I looked at Caleb and said "let's go home- I miss her!" (this was about 10:30ish) and he replied with, " are you serious?" (no answer from me) and a few seconds and a sigh later he said, "you are serious..." but don't worry too much- I fell asleep shortly after this brief conversation... and woke up around 4am... I literally crawled across the bed to Caleb it was so big(!) and just tried to go back to sleep, but I wasn't tired and really bored- the hotel was too big to walk around and the fitness center wasn't open for another couple hours... a little after 5am I woke Caleb up and said "cmon we made it through the night... Let's go home and be with Daisy..." he woke up and said "ok" (I was a bit surprised) so we got up/checked out and headed home... got Daisy, and Caleb and her cuddled up on the couch and fell asleep... it's good to be home ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment