Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Working the System

For the past few weeks we have had a paper from our Internet/cable company- Caleb had been meaning to call them to see how much it would cost if we got rid of our "bundle" and had cable through them and got our Internet from someone else... well it has sat there long enough and since he has an actual job and is gone more than he is home (exaggerating a bit-he sleeps at home! ;)) I decided to just call (seeing how I am the one that thought we were paying a ridiculous amount of money for it.. so I was very cordial and just said that we were considering looking elsewhere because it was a bit pricey... the woman asked me to hold to do some calculations- she came back saying that it would be a bit more for cable because it wouldn't be "bundled" but if I chose to stay with them then we could get $10 off our total bill AND get the showtimes/movie channels FOR FREE... needless to say, she hooked me in and we went for her deal- but I am pleased to say that we now have more awesome channels (that I probably won't watch anyways!) for a discounted price- aghh once again I am awesome ;) Maybe one of these days I will sit down and enjoy one of those channels while eating my free popcorn (from calling customer services-got another coupon in the mail a bit ago!)

No comments:

Post a Comment