Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Shopping extravaganza

For those of you who know me well know that I don't like shopping- I used to love it, but now I can't stand it... I will gladly go with someone just to hang out/talk/walk but I can find something else for us to do that sounds fun- I should back up because there are always exceptions to my rule... take me toTarget, Walmart, TJ Maxx (my recent shopping fetish-only bc that's considered our "mall" by us!), Barnes and Nobles, or any consignment store and you can leave me all day there, but give me 20 minutes at a mall and I am dragging my feet begging to leave. I am mildly obsessed with coupons and freak out about getting a great deal- Caleb bless his heart know that so when I come home wanting to play the "guess how much this was/guess how much I saved" game he reacts as by aiming high to make it sound like an even better deal-yes, that's my husband and one more of the many reasons why I love him... While he was camping I went to the PX to pick up a few cards, but as usual, I got distracted by the vendors- I about flipped when I saw my old(er) friend selling Tupperware- she was here in December and I really wanted some... Sippy-cups! Yes, you read that correctly, I am in love with sippy-cups and at 23 years old you are bound to see me drinking from them frequently-however, when I moved down here I didn't take them from my parents (how thougtful huh?)- I did take my (brother's baby spoon-demitasse as I call them!) but whenever I get the slightest bit sick I want to drink out of my sippy-cups and can't because they're back home, so you better believe I was kicking myself back in December when I decided not to get them... when I saw her I IMMEDIATELY called Caleb to see if I could buy them-he of course laughed and said of course, and that once again it is OUR money so I don't have to ask (I always do, but not sure why)... So while a little girl was eyeing MY sippy-cups I snatched them up as quick as I could and bought them... I was estatic... but THEN I went to the PX to get the cards (the reason I actually went!) and saw a great deal-buy 3 cards and get a camera free-what?!?!? Did I read that correctly?! I looked around to see if anyone was as excited about it as I was-no, there was a huge display of cameras! (wasn't I JUST saying something about the disposal cameras a bit ago?!) Again, I was beside myself and absolutely geeked... Snatched my camera and 3 cards... What a wonderf (almost) shopping trip! I told Caleb how excited I was-he humored me by saying that it was cool and glad that I was excited but then asked me if I remembered that I had to drop off the camera to get developed/wait/etc. which almost-ALMOST made me lose some of my pure joy, but I was still pumped and can't wait to take pictures with my (old school) disposable camera! Yes! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment